Here's a list of basic supplies to keep on hand in case power is lost:
• Flashlights or lanterns with batteries, or light/glow sticks
• Battery-operated radio
• Powdered milk & canned or freeze-dried foods
• Bottled water
• First-aid kit
• Baby supplies (if appropriate)
• Extra medicines (be sure to check expiration dates regularly)
• A list of important phone numbers
OMAHA High winds on Sunday took their toll on Omaha's power grid.
Beginning around 5 p.m. outages started popping up, many of the outages tied to gusting winds of 45+ m.p.h. According to Omaha Public Power District, there were hundreds of individual incidents ranging from circuit trips to downed tree limbs.
At one point more than 1,800 customers of OPPD and MidAmerican Energy were without power. Jodi Baker, a media specialist with OPPD, said the two largest areas of outages were in north central Omaha.
By 2 a.m. Monday all previously reported outages were fixed.