Pet Dies In House Fire

By: WOWT Email
By: WOWT Email

An Omaha family was forced out of their home by fire Wednesday morning.

Firefighters said the flames started on the back deck of the residence near South 157th and Hickory and quickly spread to the attic before a porch collapsed. A dog died in the blaze.

One resident said he was smoking on the deck and discarded a cigarette into a bucket of cigarette butts and dried leaves. OFD says that ignited the fire.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WOWT NBC Omaha 3501 Farnam Street Omaha, NE 68131 (402) 346-6666 sixonline@wowt.com
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 246125821 - wowt.com/a?a=246125821
Gray Television, Inc.