Firefighters said lightning sparked a house fire in Omaha Saturday morning.
It happened near 35th and Cass streets around two a.m.
The woman living in the home was able to get out ok, along with her dog. Unfortunately three birds were lost in the fire.
She tells firefighters she heard a loud crash of thunder, and then could smell something burning. When she went to investigate she found her dining room in flames.
The extent of damage is estimated at over $20,000.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.