House Fire Destroys Garage

By: WOWT Email
By: WOWT Email

An early morning fire Sunday forced a family from their Bellevue home.

A woman said her son was using a charcoal grill Saturday night and had poured water over the embers before putting them in the trash can next to the garage of the residence at 36th and Franklin near Offutt Air Force Base.

The family later woke up around 2 a.m. to the sound of their dogs barking and the smoke detectors going off as those embers set the garage on fire and spread to the roof of the house.

The garage was destroyed. No one was injured.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WOWT NBC Omaha 3501 Farnam Street Omaha, NE 68131 (402) 346-6666 sixonline@wowt.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 230389741