Firefighters battled separate fires reported minutes apart in Council Bluffs on Saturday.
The first one was off Avenue A shortly after 4 p.m. A nearby home at North 36th Street and Avenue D soon caught fire. A space heater left too close to a mattress in a second-floor bedroom is being blamed for starting that blaze.
No injuries were reported in either fire.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.