The Nebraska Humane Society has issued statistics for the 2013 second quarter of dog ordinance enforcement.
6-147 Restraint – Dog (tethering): 9 citations have been issued due to dogs being tethered outside for longer than 15 minutes. There was not an adult 19 years of age or older present during the fifteen minutes that the dog was tethered.
6-157 Proof of Insurance for Dangerous Animals, Potentially Dangerous Animals and Pit bulls: 0 citations have been issued due to Pit Bull owners not being able to provide proof of insurance for their Pit Bulls.
6-87 Reckless Owners:
• 8 Reckless Owner Declarations have been issued.
• 2 Appeal has been heard: 1 granted and 1 denied.
• 1 Reckless Owner released from the 4 year probation.
6-162 Determination of Potentially Dangerous Dogs:
• 39 Potentially Dangerous Dog Declarations have been issued through June 30th.
• 60 Total Active Potentially Dangerous Dogs in Omaha.
• 5 Potentially Dangerous Dogs have been released this quarter from restrictions due to meeting the 2 year time frame of no violations.
• 14 appeals have been heard this quarter; 10 granted, 4 were denied.
6-165 Breed Ambassadors:
• 16 current Breed Ambassadors for 2013.
6-163 Pit Bull Leash/ Muzzle/ Harness Required: 30 citations have been issued due to Pit Bulls not wearing a harness, muzzle, and/or a leash being too long.