Neighbor Discovers Fire After Woman Leaves Food Cooking

By: WOWT Email
By: WOWT Email

A good neighbor kept a bad situation from getting worse Saturday afternoon. An elderly woman apparently had food cooking on the stove when she left her Omaha home. The neighbor heard the smoke alarm and went to investigate. He found smoke and flames and called 911.

OFD told Channel 6 News the neighbor's quick action allowed them to put out the fire at 25th and Marcy, just south of Leavenworth, before it was able to cause much damage.

The neighbor originally feared the woman may have been trapped, but the house was unoccupied.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WOWT NBC Omaha 3501 Farnam Street Omaha, NE 68131 (402) 346-6666 sixonline@wowt.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 196697141