October 2, 2014
A severe thunderstorm watch is in effect for Pawnee and Richardson counties in southeast Nebraska until 3 p.m. Thursday.
Bond has been set at $1 million for each of the three teenagers accused of a metro crime spree earlier this week. They were in court Friday facing eight counts of robbery; two counts of attempted robbery and the judge.
The accused are identified as 16-year-old Baling Dat, 16-year-old Nhial Wuol and 17-year-old Gach Thichiot. If convicted, they could face one to 50 years in prison on the robbery charges and one to 20 for attempted robbery.
Channel 6 News spoke with the mother of Baling Dat on Friday. She said three of her sons are in jail. She told us she works at a packing house, her husband is in a nursing home recovering from a stroke and there is no one available to watch the kids.
The case involves nine robberies and one attempted robbery across Omaha in a crime spree that began Tuesday night and stretched into Wednesday morning.
Police made the three arrests Wednesday afternoon after a foot pursuit in the area of 47th and Jaynes. A fourth suspect eluded officers and remained at large on Friday.
The next court appearance for the three in custody is scheduled for September 25.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.