Malfunctioning Heater Caused Bed, Bath & Beyond Fire

By: Associated Press Email
By: Associated Press Email

Fire officials say a fire at a Lincoln housewares retail store was caused by a malfunctioning heater.

A city fire investigator had initially said the Saturday fire at Bed Bath & Beyond was suspicious.

But Lincoln Fire and Rescue Battalion Chief Pat Borer tells the Lincoln Journal Star (http://bit.ly/wKMgag) that officials determined the heater was to blame.

Initial damage estimates totaled about $50,000, with most of the fire damage confined to the lobby and water and smoke damage incurred inside the store. The store has since reopened.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WOWT NBC Omaha 3501 Farnam Street Omaha, NE 68131 (402) 346-6666 sixonline@wowt.com
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 138479594 - wowt.com/a?a=138479594
Gray Television, Inc.