Fire crews who respond to a Lincoln apartment building fire Saturday night had to go back a second time.
Apartment maintenance personnel were repairing a frozen pipe with a torch in a lower level laundry room when the torch set the insulation on fire around 5:30 p.m. Workers attempted to put the fire out with water, but were unsuccessful. The flames spread to the first floor where residents of 10 units were evacuated.
Several crews had already returned to the station when smoke was spotted on the second floor and attic. A crew still at the scene called everyone back to the 2400 block of South 10th Street at 6:18 p.m.
Damage was estimated at $95,000.