Lightning Sparks House Fire

By: WOWT Email
By: WOWT Email

A family was forced out of their South Omaha home just before 1 a.m. Wednesday after lightning strikes their roof and sparks a fire.

The lightning left a hole behind in the home near 22nd and J streets. Channel Six first responders said the lightning blew out a window in the back of the home.

Everyone inside that home got out safely, and the home is still livable. OPPD crews were out at the home overnight to make sure there were no serious electrical problems before turning the power back on.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WOWT NBC Omaha 3501 Farnam Street Omaha, NE 68131 (402) 346-6666 sixonline@wowt.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 202290511