A lawsuit filed against the state of Nebraska on Tuesday says officials should not have released Nikko Jenkins from prison. The lawsuit was filed on behalf of the estate of Andrea Kruger, one of four people killed in Omaha last August.
The 33-year-old Kruger was pulled from her car on August 21st and shot four times by the 27-year-old Jenkins, who pleaded guilty last month to killing Kruger, Juan Uribe-Pena, Jorge Cajiga-Ruiz and Curtis Bradford in three separate shootings after his July 30th release from prison.
The lawsuit says state prison officials "showed no common sense" in releasing Jenkins and thus placed Kruger at "great risk of harm" because the state knew Jenkins intended to kill people at random after his release.
A state prison spokeswoman declined to comment.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.