Fire caused extensive damage to a Bennington home and killed a dog Saturday night.
No word yet on what sparked the blaze at the two-story structure at 151st and Bauman. Bennington Fire Chief Jeff Carlson said the flames started in the kitchen.
The homeowner was not there at the time, but his two dogs were. One died, the other was revived and taken to the Nebraska Humane Society.
The wind carried the flames from the home and melted the vinyl siding on a neighbor's residence.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.