IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) - Iowa's executive branch has removed some former workers who were mistakenly included on a list of individuals who shouldn't be rehired.
Department of Administrative Services spokesman Caleb Hunter said Thursday that letters have been sent informing an unspecified number of people that they're no longer ineligible for state employment.
The letters come after The Associated Press last month obtained a list of 975 ex-employees who were barred from employment due to prior firings or resignations.
Union officials complained the list included several mistakes, including current state employees and others who shouldn't have been included.
Civil rights attorneys have filed a proposed class-action lawsuit claiming the so-called blacklist was illegal and unconstitutional.
Hunter says the department plans to release "as much information" as possible about the mistakes after a legal review.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.