A southwest Iowa man has died after he was burned in the explosion of a 5-gallon can of gasoline.
The accident happened around 11:20 a.m. Friday in Lenox.
Lenox Police Chief Jon Huggins says 75-year-old James Wurster had been burning debris when fumes from the can ignited and it exploded. Wurster was showered by flaming gasoline.
Wurster was taken to a hospital in Corning and then flown to a hospital in Iowa City. Authorities say he died there about 3 a.m. Saturday.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.