Update: House Fire Blamed On Dryer

By: WOWT Email
By: WOWT Email

Click on the photo to see images from the scene.

Omaha fire investigators said a dryer is to blame for a fire Monday that caused significant damage to a metro home.

The fire call came in around 10:30 a.m. Monday at 171st Avenue and Locust Street.

According to a report, the fire started in the first floor laundry room due to a malfunction with the dryer. Firefighters had to cut a hole in the roof to vent the home.

Heavy smoke damage was reported throughout the house, but thermal damage was contained to the first floor. The total damage is estimated at roughly $100,000 for the home and its contents.

There was a smoke detector in the home; however, no one was home.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WOWT NBC Omaha 3501 Farnam Street Omaha, NE 68131 (402) 346-6666 sixonline@wowt.com
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 173131541 - wowt.com/a?a=173131541
Gray Television, Inc.