Fire crews were sent to the area when someone called 911 to report a heavy gas odor in a house at 1804 Pinkney.
The home, which was vacant, did have a lot gas in it and fire crews immediately evacuated a home next door to the east. The house west of the gas leak was also vacant.
Investigators soon learned the source of the gas leak -- thieves after copper pipe had deliberately cut the gas line.
The home was cleared of gas within a matter of minutes. There were no injuries.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.