Firefighters are searching for what sparked a house fire in South Omaha late Thursday night. It didn't take long to tackle the blaze; but by the time the fire was out, several firefighters were suffering from heat exhaustion.
Crews were called to a house near 5th & Walnut shortly before midnight. When they arrived they found a woman, the home's sole resident, outside of the house.
She wasn't injured. Firefighters say they are not sure of the condition of the woman's pet cats.
After fifteen minutes spent battling the blaze, responders' declared the fire "under control." Within that time frame, six firefighters were given IV's for heat-related symptoms. All of them are expected to be okay.