Firefighters look for source of smoke in house Thursday afternoon.
Volunteer fire departments from Plattsmouth and Murray and Plattsmouth EMS responded to 302 North 15th Street in Plattsmouth just after 3:30pm. The first units on scene radioed there was smoke in the residence. Firefighters detected a strong burning smell on the second floor.
The Cassgram reports there was no attic access and that hampered crews at first.
It was then discovered the blower motor on the furnace had burned out and caused the concern.