A family forced out of their apartment by a fire earlier this month is in need of help.
The blaze broke out on the afternoon of January 4th at Plaza 93 West Apartments near North 93rd and Bedford Avenue, northwest of 90th and Maple.
Julie Klabunde-Jones, a diabetic, says she passed out from her medication while preparing food and when she awoke the apartment was in flames. Grease on the stove had ignited the fire.
Julie was able to escape with her 2-month-old daughter L'laiah and with the help of firefighters.
She and fiancé Kenya Andrews are in need of many things since most of their belongings were damaged or destroyed. Anyone able to help is asked to call 402-933-4906.
They're appreciative of the assistance already received. “Thank goodness for everybody that helped out that day," said Andrews. "No matter who or what or where they were coming from. Thank you because I almost lost my family, man. I don't know what I'd do without them."