A fire that killed three dogs Wednesday afternoon also left a Phillips, Nebraska family of seven homeless.
Kim Neeman was the only one home when a couch caught fire. “I had to get out and I had to leave my dogs in there. It was moving quick so I could not stay. We had two Chihuahuas and a Rat Terrier and they were our babies. They were our friends, our buddies."
The cause of the fire was electrical in nature. "Really watch over your electrical outlets and everything and don't have a lot of it plugged in so you're drawing a lot of juice because they can get them hot, cause fires," said Phillips Fire Chief Jason Fry.
Phillips is located southeast of Grand Island.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.