Investigators say a fire that forced the evacuation of La Vista's Embassy Suites Hotel Tuesday night was caused by an electrical issue in the furnace. No one was hurt.
Firefighters from La Vista Omaha, Papillion and Ralston converged on the hotel at Giles Road and Interstate 80.
"You're talking a multi-story high-rise type of building,” said La Vista Fire Chief Rich Uhl. “It depletes our resources very rapidly if we have anything of any significance and so to have those other resources available on the scene and dispatched immediately gives up a big leg up."
Guests on the second floor were evacuated as firefighters extinguished the flames in a furnace room.
Glenn Moise, of Kansas City, said, “There was a bunch of activity out in the hallways and they were kind of telling everybody to get out of their rooms, so I got out and smelled a little smoke so I grabbed my backpack and iPad and got out of there.”