A fire caused smoke and water damage to Columbus Family Resource Center and forced the evacuation of its residents.
The Columbus Telegram says the fire occurred Saturday morning.
The center is home to nearly 20 entities, including Catholic Charities and the Platte County Food Pantry.
Columbus Fire Chief Dean Hefti says the fire alarm and sprinkler system were activated around 4:30 a.m. after a heater malfunctioned.
Most of the flames were extinguished by the sprinkler system before firefighters arrived, Hefti says, but the third floor had significant smoke and water damage.
The American Red Cross says 14 residents and four Catholic Charities staff members were evacuated.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.