An Omaha sporting goods store won't reopen until Monday morning after a fire broke out early Sunday morning.
Firefighters were called to Scheels at Village Pointe around 3 a.m. When they got there they discovered there was a fire on the second floor in a shelving unit in the fishing department. Two sprinkler heads were activated.
Investigators say an electrical malfunction ignited nearby combustibles which helped the flames to spread. Officials say there’s heavy smoke and water damage to everything on the second floor, especially on the north side of the building.
A woman who answered the phone Sunday afternoon said the store will remain closed and won't reopen until 10 a.m. Monday.
Designed by Gray Digital Media