Fire Blamed on Electrical Overload

Investigators say an electrical overload caused a fire that gutted a metro home at 30th and X streets Wednesday afternoon.

The two people who live here were not home at the time but the family's four cats were. A family friend was able to rescue one of them.

Margaret Graybeal said, “They can't find them. They don't know if they are alive or if they are dead. Petty Wheat is taking oxygen, drinking a little bit. He is trying to bite. God please let him live."

The fire was traced to an electrical outlet with several items plugged into it. The homeowners said power was restored to the home earlier in the day.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WOWT NBC Omaha 3501 Farnam Street Omaha, NE 68131 (402) 346-6666
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 232748101 -
Gray Television, Inc.