The family of a Bellevue teenager accused in the strangulation of three women spoke out about the charges for the first time Monday afternoon.
It's a case that involves a teenaged boy, escorts and strangulation. Kyle Ferraguti, 17, admitted to one case...but is accused by two other women. He was supposed to be sentenced on Monday for a case that happened in December 2013, but that has been delayed.
Prosecutors and paperwork paint a disturbing picture: hired escorts -- disagreements over money -- strangulation.
Ferraguti admitted guilt in one case and is awaiting trial in two others.
"She didn't want to testify. She was afraid of him," explained Sarpy County Attorney Lee Polikov as to why they struck a deal with him earlier in the summer. Prosecutors got him to admit what he did, while not having to put the victim through a trial.
But while Kyle Ferraguti was out of jail on this case -- investigators say he assaulted another escort in April 2014.
"He felt really terrible. He was really embarrassed," said his mother Gina Ferraguti, who told WOWT 6 News after the court appearance that prosecutors have it all wrong.
She questions how an escort can plan to have sex with their minor -- and the teen gets charged after the escort tries to shake him down for more cash. "He stated to the police officer that he physically pushed her out of the doorway -- he was asking for his money back because she didn't do what she said she would do."
The family declined to talk about a third case against Kyle Ferraguti -- one from late April where he's accused of raping and beating an Elkhorn teenager.
His family admits however, Kyle needs help.
"I think he needs some counseling," said Diana Ferraguti, Kyle's grandmother. "He has some hurt and anger issues. I think that's how things escalated."
Kyle Ferraguti could get up to two years in jail when he's sentenced next month. The other two cases are still pending. He's been in the Douglas County Youth Center since late April.