Family Hears Fireworks, Sees Fire

A fire started right outside a home near 37th and Capitol Monday night. Firefighters believe fireworks may be to blame.

Responders say the fire started with dry leaves right after the family heard fireworks outside. Luckily the fire never made it to the house.

Crews say it’s a reminder to use fireworks safely during New Year’s festivities.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WOWT NBC Omaha 3501 Farnam Street Omaha, NE 68131 (402) 346-6666 sixonline@wowt.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 238193871