Update: Family Displaced After Fire Burns Garage

By: WOWT Email
By: WOWT Email

A west Omaha family is left picking up the pieces after a home catches fire late Sunday night.

Around 11:30 p.m., homeowners inside the house near 129th Avenue & West Center Rd. woke up to the smell of smoke. The homeowner told WOWT 6 News he checked the kitchen first, then went to the garage. When he opened the door, flames came roaring in.

Firefighters were able to contain the fire to the garage; however, a car and items inside were destroyed.

The homeowner said he hit his head while waking up his family. He drove himself to the hospital for treatment. Another adult and a child got out without injury.

No cause has been given for the fire at this time.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WOWT NBC Omaha 3501 Farnam Street Omaha, NE 68131 (402) 346-6666 sixonline@wowt.com
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 236005121 - wowt.com/a?a=236005121
Gray Television, Inc.