The owner of a Firth, Nebraska area residence destroyed by an explosion and fire Wednesday afternoon believes a propane leak inside the house caused the blast.
The explosion lifted the three-story brick home southeast of Lincoln from its foundation and blew out the sides, sending debris up to 200 feet into the air. No one was there at the time.
Dan Kadavy and his family have been sifting through the smoldering rubble looking for photographs, Christmas presents and personal belongings. He hasn't decided whether he'll rebuild on the site.