Officials have released the names of the couple involved in a fatal fire linked to a space heater.
A woman was killed and her husband was critically injured in a fire early Monday morning north of Beatrice.
Fire crews were called to the Hoyle North 77 mobile home park across the street from the municipal airport. They found the fifth-wheel camper fully engulfed in flames.
The woman is identified as 59-year-old Vernia Hogan. Her husband is 54-year-old David Hogan. He was air-lifted to St. Elizabeth Regional Medical Center for treatment.
Investigators say the fire appears to have started when a bag of clothes was placed too close to a space heater.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.