Update: Names Released in Deadly Fire Linked to Space Heater

Officials have released the names of the couple involved in a fatal fire linked to a space heater.

A woman was killed and her husband was critically injured in a fire early Monday morning north of Beatrice.

Fire crews were called to the Hoyle North 77 mobile home park across the street from the municipal airport. They found the fifth-wheel camper fully engulfed in flames.

The woman is identified as 59-year-old Vernia Hogan. Her husband is 54-year-old David Hogan. He was air-lifted to St. Elizabeth Regional Medical Center for treatment.

Investigators say the fire appears to have started when a bag of clothes was placed too close to a space heater.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WOWT NBC Omaha 3501 Farnam Street Omaha, NE 68131 (402) 346-6666 sixonline@wowt.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 236133351 - wowt.com/a?a=236133351