A little too much heat in the kitchen sent hundreds of Millard North High School students out into the bitter cold Thursday morning.
A fire alarm about 8:15 a.m. caused a brief evacuation. In an email sent to parents, principal Brian Begley said some warm baked goods just out of an oven were placed directly underneath a heat detector, setting off the alarm. “With sub-zero temperatures outside, the timing wasn’t ideal.”
The principal said all students and staff were back inside after a few minutes once the administration determined it was safe.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.