Fire cause determined in blaze at rural home.
An early morning structure fire last Thursday brought Weeping Water, Manley, Avoca and Murdock firefighters and equipment to the scene.
Weeping Water Fire Chief Earnie West said a short in outdoor wiring was the apparent cause of the fire that caused considerable damage to the home at 14300 Brittni Drive.
The fire burned the outside deck on the residence and then spread inside reaching a bathroom, the laundry room, the kitchen and into an upstairs closet. A couple of the rooms sustained fire damage and there was extensive smoke and heat damage, said West.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.