The cause of the Plattsmouth Keno fire has been determined.
"The fire was accidental, electrical,” said Plattsmouth Fire Chief Mike Wilson on Wednesday morning.
The Cassgram reports the fire that brought firefighters to the scene just after 2 a.m. on September 25th heavily damaged the kitchen area of the building. There was smoke damage throughout the building.
The state fire marshal investigator, a private fire investigator and an electrical engineer all concurred that there was a short in wiring in the ceiling leading to a wall outlet. Wilson said the circuit breaker did trip, but a small fire in the ceiling had started. It cannot be determined how long the fire had been smoldering before it spread. It was the original wiring in the building, said Wilson.
The Plattsmouth Keno owners told the Cassgram on Monday that they’ve been told by contractors that it could be four months before all the necessary repairs are made and the business can be reopened.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.