Breaking Omaha News, Weather and Sports. Nebraska News. | WOWT.com

Cause Of Plattsmouth Fire Determined

The cause of the Plattsmouth Keno fire has been determined.

"The fire was accidental, electrical,” said Plattsmouth Fire Chief Mike Wilson on Wednesday morning.

The Cassgram reports the fire that brought firefighters to the scene just after 2 a.m. on September 25th heavily damaged the kitchen area of the building. There was smoke damage throughout the building.

The state fire marshal investigator, a private fire investigator and an electrical engineer all concurred that there was a short in wiring in the ceiling leading to a wall outlet. Wilson said the circuit breaker did trip, but a small fire in the ceiling had started. It cannot be determined how long the fire had been smoldering before it spread. It was the original wiring in the building, said Wilson.

The Plattsmouth Keno owners told the Cassgram on Monday that they’ve been told by contractors that it could be four months before all the necessary repairs are made and the business can be reopened.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WOWT NBC Omaha 3501 Farnam Street Omaha, NE 68131 (402) 346-6666 sixonline@wowt.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 172567001 - wowt.com/a?a=172567001