Firefighters have extinguished a basement fire at a Catholic school in Lincoln.
Firefighters responded to the two-alarm fire Monday afternoon at Cathedral of the Risen Christ School. It was contained a half hour later.
The Lincoln Journal Star reports the fire started in the boiler room as construction workers replaced the school's heating and air conditioning system. Sparks from a demolition saw ignited a stack of floor buffing pads.
The newspaper reports no students were at the school during the fire, which created smoke throughout the building and caused water damage. No injuries were reported.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.