One cat has just eight lives left after being pulled from a burning home in Lincoln early Tuesday morning.
Just before 2 a.m., a fire ignited in a home near 33rd and C Streets. The human occupants got out safely, but firefighters pulled a limp cat from the structure and began reviving it. They gave the feline oxygen and stroked its back, and the cat came around after about 10 minutes.
Fire inspectors in Lincoln believe a portable generator may have started the fire. The family was using that for power, but it was sitting next to a hot water heater.
Damage connected to the fire is estimated at about $50,000 and the family will have to relocate. The Red Cross is helping them find a new place to stay.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.