Cat Revived After Lincoln House Fire

By: WOWT 6 News Email
By: WOWT 6 News Email

One cat has just eight lives left after being pulled from a burning home in Lincoln early Tuesday morning.

Just before 2 a.m., a fire ignited in a home near 33rd and C Streets. The human occupants got out safely, but firefighters pulled a limp cat from the structure and began reviving it. They gave the feline oxygen and stroked its back, and the cat came around after about 10 minutes.

Fire inspectors in Lincoln believe a portable generator may have started the fire. The family was using that for power, but it was sitting next to a hot water heater.

Damage connected to the fire is estimated at about $50,000 and the family will have to relocate. The Red Cross is helping them find a new place to stay.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WOWT NBC Omaha 3501 Farnam Street Omaha, NE 68131 (402) 346-6666 sixonline@wowt.com
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 273547631 - wowt.com/a?a=273547631
Gray Television, Inc.