CO Scare Prompts New Push For Law

By: WOWT Email
By: WOWT Email

A poisoning scare at a Grand Island laundromat has citizens calling for a new law in Lincoln.

Multiple people were rushed to a local hospital on Sunday after they started feeling the effects of carbon monoxide poisoning. They said they felt dizzy and nauseous. Fire crews tested for CO inside Supreme Laundry and found high levels of the colorless, odorless gas inside the building.

Now citizens are calling on lawmakers to require homes to set up and maintain CO alarms. A measure that would do just that was proposed in Lincoln last year, and it has carried over into the current legislative session.

The law would require all Nebraska homes to install CO alarms by September of 2014.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WOWT NBC Omaha 3501 Farnam Street Omaha, NE 68131 (402) 346-6666
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 241275471 -
Gray Television, Inc.