Blaze Blamed On Too Much Firewood

By: WOWT Email
By: WOWT Email

No one was injured in a Lincoln house fire Saturday night blamed on too much wood being in the fireplace.

Flames destroyed one of the upstairs bedrooms and damaged the exterior and roof of the home on Devoe Drive, southwest of South 84th and A streets.

LFD Inspector Damon Robbins said the cause of the fire was too much fuel in the wood fireplace. The intense heat radiated from the flu and ignited the wood. He said the residents had just removed their smoke detectors for some renovation work and were lucky to have been awake to notice the smoke.

Early estimates put the damage at about $85,000.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WOWT NBC Omaha 3501 Farnam Street Omaha, NE 68131 (402) 346-6666
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 187684681 -
Gray Television, Inc.