October 2, 2014
A severe thunderstorm watch is in effect for Pawnee and Richardson counties in southeast Nebraska until 3 p.m. Thursday.
No one was injured in a Lincoln house fire Saturday night blamed on too much wood being in the fireplace.
Flames destroyed one of the upstairs bedrooms and damaged the exterior and roof of the home on Devoe Drive, southwest of South 84th and A streets.
LFD Inspector Damon Robbins said the cause of the fire was too much fuel in the wood fireplace. The intense heat radiated from the flu and ignited the wood. He said the residents had just removed their smoke detectors for some renovation work and were lucky to have been awake to notice the smoke.
Early estimates put the damage at about $85,000.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.