American National Bank:
Nielsen Family Fund
Posted March 4
The Nebraska Fire Marshal says a double fatal fire in Bellevue last month was not criminal.
Fire Marshal Ray Nance says there's two possible reasons for the fire: combustible material came in contact with a space heater or there was a problem with electrical wiring.
The mobile home fire happened on February 23 in Bellevue.
Family identified the victims as Sandy Nielsen and her 8-year-old grandson Devin.
Officially, state investigators say they cannot release the names until DNA results provide a positive identification.
Three other individuals were transported to the hospital where they were treated and released.
The fire started near the space heater which was in the living room.
David Nielsen's mother Sandy died along with his 8-year-old son Devin when the family's mobile home caught fire. Nielsen was injured as he and his 15-year-old son Aaron desperately tried to save Sandy and Devin. Aaron succeeded in rescuing his 3-year-old sister Haylee from the burning trailer.
Both Haylee and Devin were looking forward to celebrating their birthdays together in March.
The Nielsens lost everything in the fire. A fund has been set up at American National Bank called the Nielsen Family Fund.