Apartment Fire Blamed on Smoking Materials

By: WOWT Email
By: WOWT Email

An apartment fire in Omaha has been blamed on careless disposal of smoking material. Firefighters reported flames and smoke on approach when they were called to the Apple Creek Apartments near 140th Circle & Dupont Plaza about 10 p.m. Friday night.

Witnesses tell fire investigators that it started on a second floor balcony. The report indicates the person who lives there admitted to smoking on the deck and using a plastic container to dispose of the cigarette.

The fire went up the exterior of the three-story building and into the attic space causing the roof to collapse.

No one was hurt but the fire caused an estimated $600,000 in damage to the building.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WOWT NBC Omaha 3501 Farnam Street Omaha, NE 68131 (402) 346-6666 sixonline@wowt.com
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 216442761 - wowt.com/a?a=216442761
Gray Television, Inc.