As severe storms move through Nebraska, there is the potential for weather-related damage to houses and other buildings from wind, rain and hail.
The Nebraska Department of Insurance offers these tips for
dealing with storm damage:
- Contact your insurance agent as soon as possible.
- Do no make permanent repairs until after your insurance agent
inspects the property.
- If you need to relocate, keep receipts from temporary living
- Keep copies of all bills and correspondence pertaining to the
damage. Also keep notes of telephone calls.
- Hire a reputable business to make repairs.
- Provide as much information as possible on the damaged items,
including the estimated cost to repair or replace it.
For more information online: Nebraska Department of Insurance: www.doi.ne.gov