As severe storms move through Nebraska, there is the potential for weather-related damage to houses and other buildings from wind, rain and hail.
The Nebraska Department of Insurance offers these tips for
dealing with storm damage:
- Contact your insurance agent as soon as possible.
- Do no make permanent repairs until after your insurance agent
inspects the property.
- If you need to relocate, keep receipts from temporary living
- Keep copies of all bills and correspondence pertaining to the
damage. Also keep notes of telephone calls.
- Hire a reputable business to make repairs.
- Provide as much information as possible on the damaged items,
including the estimated cost to repair or replace it.
For more information online: Nebraska Department of Insurance: www.doi.ne.gov
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.