Prom goers had to leave the Plattsmouth Community Center a little early Saturday night.
The Cassgram reports a gas leak in the building brought police, fire and rescue volunteers and a Black Hills Energy gas company responder to the center.
The building was evacuated around 10:30pm and police officers dealt with the heavy traffic around the center.
There was a small gas leak found on the stove in the kitchen area of the senior center but it didn’t pose a major problem, said Plattsmouth Fire Chief Mike Wilson.
The fire department’s monitors did not generate a dangerous reading but there was evidence of the identifying odor of a leak. Wilson said Black Hills determined the odor additive mixture was higher than what is normal and that created the stronger odor.
Ginah Han was PHS prom queen; Lucas Kirk was king.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.