Prom Night Scare

Prom goers had to leave the Plattsmouth Community Center a little early Saturday night.

The Cassgram reports a gas leak in the building brought police, fire and rescue volunteers and a Black Hills Energy gas company responder to the center.

The building was evacuated around 10:30pm and police officers dealt with the heavy traffic around the center.

There was a small gas leak found on the stove in the kitchen area of the senior center but it didn’t pose a major problem, said Plattsmouth Fire Chief Mike Wilson.

The fire department’s monitors did not generate a dangerous reading but there was evidence of the identifying odor of a leak. Wilson said Black Hills determined the odor additive mixture was higher than what is normal and that created the stronger odor.

Ginah Han was PHS prom queen; Lucas Kirk was king.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WOWT NBC Omaha 3501 Farnam Street Omaha, NE 68131 (402) 346-6666 sixonline@wowt.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 91491864 - wowt.com/a?a=91491864