Pets Die In Omaha Fire

By: WOWT Email
By: WOWT Email

Residents escaped an Omaha house fire Tuesday morning, though two dogs and two cats died.

The fire at 22nd and Miami started in the kitchen. The stove was left on and caused a pot of grease to catch fire. A neighbor told Channel 6 News he heard the homeowner screaming, so he ran over and made sure the two adults and one child inside got out safely.

Two people were taken to the hospital to be treated for possible smoke inhalation. Crews managed to get the dogs out of the house, but they did not survive.

Due to the extensive damage, the house is considered unlivable. The Red Cross was contacted to help out the family.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WOWT NBC Omaha 3501 Farnam Street Omaha, NE 68131 (402) 346-6666
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 90765004 -
Gray Television, Inc.