Baby Falls In Fire Pit During Easter Egg Hunt

By: The Associated Press Email
By: The Associated Press Email

It's a day to enjoy family, friends and the spring season, but for one family, it turned into a nightmare. Des Moines fire officials say an 18-month-old child suffered burns after falling into a fire pit during an Easter egg hunt last Sunday.

Fire Capt. Steve Brown says the child was taken to a hospital after stumbling into hot coals in the pit, which used for cooking hot dogs and marshmallows.

Brown says fire pits are not allowed in Des Moines. The child was not identified. No charges were filed against the parents.

The case is still under investigation by authorities.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WOWT NBC Omaha 3501 Farnam Street Omaha, NE 68131 (402) 346-6666 sixonline@wowt.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 90080587