A close call for a La Vista household where four people, including two 12-year-old girls, escaped with their lives. Police responding to a carbon monoxide emergency pulled them to safety.
Just after 8 a.m. Sunday, a frantic 911 call for help came from 31-year-old mother Terah Yager. “My daughter fell to the ground acting really bad.”
Officers responded to a house at 90th and Brentwood filled with carbon monoxide. “Very strong odor, turns out to be CO and strong odor of gasoline so thick you couldn't breathe,” said La Vista Police Sgt. Todd Armbrust.
“I stayed inside, went back upstairs and got the other younger female, unconscious.” Officers say a car had been accidentally left running in the garage for nine hours by 27-year-old Nicole Meyer, a roommate.
Police carried 12-year-old Bri Yager and a friend, 12-year-old Taylor McCain, into the fresh air. Meyer and Terah Yager also recovered quickly, thanks to a dose of oxygen and good luck.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.