Finding a parking space will be as welcome as a first down Saturday as the Huskers open their season at home against Florida Atlantic. The Nebraska State Fair is also in full swing, adding to the blitz on parking spots near the university.
Lincoln's bus service, StarTran, will provide its Big Red Express service starting two hours before kickoff each home football Saturday. For the Florida Atlantic game, the shuttles will start at 4pm prior to the 6pm kickoff. Football fans have five locations to choose from:
1) Westfield Gateway, 61st and "O" Streets. Buses load in the area north of Penney's, south of the old Circuit City.
2) North Star High School, near the I-80 27th street exit at 5801 N. 33rd street. (Get off I-80 at 27th, go south to Folkways Blvd., turn left and travel east six blocks.)
3) Holmes Lake, 70th and Normal, at the north end of the lake.
4) Southeast Community College, 8800 "O" street, parking lot on the south side.
5) SouthPointe Pavilions, 27th and Pine Lake Road, south side of Von Maur.
Buses will drop-off and depart from the east side of the stadium. The cost is $4 each way for adults and $1 for children 12 and under. Fans will need exact change.
Electronic roadside signs will help direct fans to the Big Red Express locations.