Firefighter Treated & Released

Fire destroyed a garage in Mynard Monday morning injuring a Plattsmouth firefighter.

The Cassgram reports that Plattsmouth and Murray fire units knocked down the main fire shortly after arriving on scene at 13118 Cook Street.
It took another 30 minutes or so before the hot spots were extinguished in the 20 x 25 ft. garage. (see picture at www.cassgramonline.com)

The blaze started in the chimney of a wood burning stove, says Plattsmouth First Assistant Fire Chief Bill Dudek.

Only some miscellaneous equipment was in the building. Dudek logged the estimated damage at $5000.

He reports that one firefighter suffered minor injuries when struck by falling debris and was taken to Midlands Hospital by Plattsmouth Rescue. The firefighter was treated and released.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WOWT NBC Omaha 3501 Farnam Street Omaha, NE 68131 (402) 346-6666 sixonline@wowt.com
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 34269779 - wowt.com/a?a=34269779
Gray Television, Inc.